The Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize, 2020 has opened its windows for submissions for the prize which is presently in its ninth year. According to the announcement made yesterday, the “Words Rhymes & Rhythm Publishers in collaboration with Something for Everybody Ventures (SFEV), hereby invites Nigerian Poets and lovers of literature resident in any part of the world to submit their poems for the 9th edition of the annual Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize, EOPP 2020.”
The prize money has increased to N50,000 for the first place winner, N30,000 for the second place winner, and N20,000 for the third place winner. However, there is no entry fee for this contest and Nigerians in whatever part of the world can send in their poems only putting the following rules into consideration.
- Contestants are invited to submit a maximum of two (2) poems
- All submissions should be made via email as BODY of mail to SUBMISSIONS@WRR.NG with the subject: ‘EOPP 2020’. Note that ATTACHMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- All entries must be the original work of the poet submitting it.
- There’s no limit to the number of lines of any poem.
- Authors must add their full names and a biography (100 words maximum) in the body of the e-mail inclusive of full name, email address, and phone number(s).
- Poems containing profanity or vulgarity will be disqualified.
Deadline: 11:59 PM SUNDAY 20th DECEMBER, 2020
Our #MCM for the week is Saddiq Dzukogi @SaddiqDzukogi. His collection of poems, “Your Crib, My Qibla”, has earned rave reviews since its recent publication.
Award-winning poet, Ilya Kaminsky, describes it as a “stunning, memorable book”!
You had your voice,
yet silence was your outburst ..."
In this #poem, Ojo Emmanuel writes about loss, grief, and the long painful journey to healing. It is a sad, sensational poem & worth the #read.
#poetrycommunity #poets #WritingCommunity
Creativity and simplicity cohabiting in one literary piece, quite a rarity these days!
We loved this story, @ewoe_nam
We still do 👏🏾👏🏾
I am happy to announce that my story has found a home with @eboquills🥳 https://eboquills.com/2021/02/23/brach-and-ara-a-short-story-by-ghanaian-writer-ewoenam-kukah/
Kindly read, comment and share☺️😘.