The Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize, 2020 has opened its windows for submissions for the prize which is presently in its ninth year. According to the announcement made yesterday, the “Words Rhymes & Rhythm Publishers in collaboration with Something for Everybody Ventures (SFEV), hereby invites Nigerian Poets and lovers of literature resident in any part of the world to submit their poems for the 9th edition of the annual Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize, EOPP 2020.”
The prize money has increased to N50,000 for the first place winner, N30,000 for the second place winner, and N20,000 for the third place winner. However, there is no entry fee for this contest and Nigerians in whatever part of the world can send in their poems only putting the following rules into consideration.
- Contestants are invited to submit a maximum of two (2) poems
- All submissions should be made via email as BODY of mail to SUBMISSIONS@WRR.NG with the subject: ‘EOPP 2020’. Note that ATTACHMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- All entries must be the original work of the poet submitting it.
- There’s no limit to the number of lines of any poem.
- Authors must add their full names and a biography (100 words maximum) in the body of the e-mail inclusive of full name, email address, and phone number(s).
- Poems containing profanity or vulgarity will be disqualified.
Deadline: 11:59 PM SUNDAY 20th DECEMBER, 2020
Helping writers achieve their writing goals
Let us be your plug for any form of writing, editing and writing consultancy.
We render all forms of writers' support services, writing advice, book promotion, editing, professional bio writing, book reviews, and manuscript formatting.
Issue 5 is LIVE! Guest editors: @malingose, @WillieKinardIII & @postcolonialchi. Cover: Alex & Frans Odicky. Illustrations: @cocoette_. Stories, poems, essays & photos from Kenya, Nigeria, Trinidad & Tobago, Ghana, Sudan, St. Lucia, Zimbabwe, & more
my poem "A Travelogue: The Grief & Ruins Outside our Walls" is now published on Eboquills. @eboquills
click link to read full poem 🖤🥂https://eboquills.com/2022/05/20/one-poem-by-olowo-qudus/
Check out this list of #opportunities for #writers (see link). The #deadlines are in May 2022, so roll up your sleeves and get to work.
Best wishes! https://eboquills.com/2022/05/07/opportunities-for-writers-with-deadline-in-may-2022/