Got a Manuscript? Submit to PIN Chapbook Series 2020
Poets in Nigeria (PIN) is pleased to announce the commencement of the third edition of the PIN Chapbook Series. The PIN Chapbook Series was initiated in 2018 to engage the upsurge of interests for poetry writing and reading amongst the younger generation. Tagged “Rainbow of Voices”, the initiative is geared towards showcasing the creative prowess of young poets and documenting their thoughts and opinions on contemporary issues.
Eligibility and guidelines
- Open to poets between the ages of 18 and 40
- Can be of any nationality and resident in any part of the world
- Submit a manuscript of 10 – 20 poems on singular or diverse themes
- Include a cover page with the following details: title, subtitle, and author’s name
- Manuscripts must be original works of the entrants
- Original artworks and photographs can be featured in the collection
- A maximum of 4 preliminary pages for dedication, blurbs, foreword, and preface
- Include a 150-word biography on the last page of your manuscript
- Accompany your manuscript with a cover letter, stating the focus of your work
- Works promoting hate, racism, religious intolerance, vulgarity, obscenity, and other forms of immoralities will be rejected
- Contact details (email address and phone number) of the author should be in the body of the mail and forwarded alongside the cover letter and manuscript to email@example.com
- Only manuscripts that meet our standards will be considered for publication.
- Selected manuscripts will be published on our site – www.poetsinnigeria.org.ng with authors choosing to either make the book downloadable for free or sold on digital publishing channels including Amazon.
- Authors who choose to sell their books will be introduced to a royalty plan.
- Selected poets will pay the sum of N30,000, covering cover page design, formatting/layout, editing, proofing, and promotions.
- Authors retain copyrights to their work but give us the sole right to electronically distribute the same.
- Selected poets can discuss the possibility of releasing a full-length book in hard copy with us a month after the release of the chapbook.
Submission Period: 27th November – 20th December 2020
For more opportunities for writers, click here or subscribe to our newsletter.