Got a Manuscript? Submit to PIN Chapbook Series 2020
Poets in Nigeria (PIN) is pleased to announce the commencement of the third edition of the PIN Chapbook Series. The PIN Chapbook Series was initiated in 2018 to engage the upsurge of interests for poetry writing and reading amongst the younger generation. Tagged “Rainbow of Voices”, the initiative is geared towards showcasing the creative prowess of young poets and documenting their thoughts and opinions on contemporary issues.
Eligibility and guidelines
- Open to poets between the ages of 18 and 40
- Can be of any nationality and resident in any part of the world
- Submit a manuscript of 10 – 20 poems on singular or diverse themes
- Include a cover page with the following details: title, subtitle, and author’s name
- Manuscripts must be original works of the entrants
- Original artworks and photographs can be featured in the collection
- A maximum of 4 preliminary pages for dedication, blurbs, foreword, and preface
- Include a 150-word biography on the last page of your manuscript
- Accompany your manuscript with a cover letter, stating the focus of your work
- Works promoting hate, racism, religious intolerance, vulgarity, obscenity, and other forms of immoralities will be rejected
- Contact details (email address and phone number) of the author should be in the body of the mail and forwarded alongside the cover letter and manuscript to email@example.com
- Only manuscripts that meet our standards will be considered for publication.
- Selected manuscripts will be published on our site – www.poetsinnigeria.org.ng with authors choosing to either make the book downloadable for free or sold on digital publishing channels including Amazon.
- Authors who choose to sell their books will be introduced to a royalty plan.
- Selected poets will pay the sum of N30,000, covering cover page design, formatting/layout, editing, proofing, and promotions.
- Authors retain copyrights to their work but give us the sole right to electronically distribute the same.
- Selected poets can discuss the possibility of releasing a full-length book in hard copy with us a month after the release of the chapbook.
Submission Period: 27th November – 20th December 2020
For more opportunities for writers, click here or subscribe to our newsletter.
1 week ago
The poem, "Sugar on wet Sand" by Omodero David, is experimental and daring. The poet is set to take the #poetrycommunity by storm and our fingers are crossed.
Read the #poem here:
#poem #poetry #writing
"Along Came Love" by Zubair Hassan Baba, is what we might refer to as brilliant historical fiction. You may smile or sigh but surely, you will fall deeply in love with Zubair's storytelling style at the end of it all.
Read story here: https://eboquills.com/2021/05/01/along-came-love-a-short-story-by-zubair-hassan-baba/
"...I am the voice of reason,
That dance not to the deceitful tone
Of political eloquence and propaganda
I am the voice above religious hypocrisy and sycophancy
Truth is my warrant and change is my cause..."
Who Hears Me? By Etim Bassey Onyam
Read here: https://eboquills.com/2021/04/24/one-poem-by-etim-bassey-onyam/