Lolwe is currently accepting submissions for its third issue. Lolwe accepts fiction, essays, poetry, and photography from African (living at home or in the diaspora), and Caribbean artists. It is only three days before the submissions window for Issue 3 slams shut but you may have just completed some piece of writing which might match what Lolwe is looking for at this time. You really should submit to Lolwe Issue 3!
The issue will be guest-edited by Elfreda Tetteh, Akhim Alexis, and Stephanie Wanga. And here is what they are looking for, “We are looking for work that is bold, different, and blurs or pushes boundaries: play with form and language, ignore genre classifications, send in your fears and joys, your doubts and faiths, your curiosities and silences.”
- Limit: 1,000-10,000 words for fiction and essays.
- 3-5 poems contained in a single document.
- 5-10 images/artwork in one document alongside 200-500 words about the work.
- The acceptable format is Word document, Times New Roman, pt 12, double-spaced.
- Expect feedback 3-4 months after submission deadline.
- Submit to only one category.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, just remember to withdraw your submission if accepted elsewhere.
- Only original, unpublished submissions will be read.
- No entry free required
- Send a brief bio alongside your submission
- Lolwe will offer a modest remuneration for work that is accepted for publication.
- Deadline: 28th February
To read past issues and submit, click here
For more opportunities for writers, click here or subscribe to our newsletter.